The National Chemical Credit Association (NCCA) is a unique national organization of credit professionals representing some of the top chemical companies in the world. Established in 1938, the non-profit Association was founded to facilitate the exchange of commercial credit information among leaders of the chemical industry, as well as provide continual professional education to its members.
Member Benefits:Industry-specific credit reports
- Relevant: Showing exactly how the customer pays other creditors in your industry.
- Accurate: Members supply A/R experience monthly; and it’s easily verified by calling the members for clarifications.
- Accessible: Our secure, easy-to-use credit interchange web site is available 7 days a week and 365 days a year.
- Affordable: Membership gives you access to unlimited credit reports, costing much less than traditional credit reporting agencies. And, one comprehensive reporting system is all you need.
The most current notifications of events that impact the creditworthiness of your customers — bankruptcies, new ownership, accounts PFC, NSF checks and Final Demand are all posted through GoAmega’s system. Flashes are easy to submit through the portal, which allows members to view all (or just their customers’) notifications in real-time. The portal also allows members to push flash notices to their email.
Networking and Education
Quarterly meetings provide a forum to discuss historical credit information in a legal, ethical and confidential manner. Quarterly DSO surveys and member discussion forums are key benefits available to members at no cost. Webinars and other educational programs keep members informed about the latest trends in credit management.
Discounted Collections Services from ABC-Amega
ABC-Amega provides a broad range of B2B accounts receivable management solutions including third-party global commercial debt collection and first-party A/R outsourcing “offered at special rates for NCCA members. Our certified collectors will work as an extension of your collections department to achieve the highest rate of return on the accounts you place, without jeopardizing the relationships you built with your clients.
Membership is open to producers and distributors of chemicals, plastics, and allied products.
Prospective members must have:
- An independent credit department;
- Substantial national or multi-national distribution;
- Commonality with other members of the Chemicals/Plastics or International divisions.
Placing an account for collections is an easy, 3-step process:
- Locate your customer in the GoAmega portal;
- Select the ‘Submit a Claim’ button in the customer record;
- Complete the ‘Submit a Claim’ form, including all necessary information and supporting documentation.
The confidential sharing of relevant, timely, industry-specific information with professionals in the chemical industry provides numerous benefits to NCCA members. Over my ten year association with NCCA, I have found the credit group meetings to be particularly worthwhile. These are excellent opportunities for members to get to know one another, providing valuable contacts and sources of information. Because the participants from member NCCA companies are outstanding individuals and true professionals, I have always benefited from the exchange of information and found my attendance at these meetings to be well worth my time.
President and CEO
Harwick Standard is a management-owned and operated sales, marketing and technical support organization headquartered in Akron, Ohio. Servicing the rubber, thermoplastics and other polymer-related industries for more than 75 years, Harwick Standard operates a nationwide distribution network supplying products from more than 30 blue chip manufacturers.
Try NCCA out by attending a meeting for free!
NCCA offers a wide range of services and pricing options. The ultimate cost of membership is determined by the number of credit reports a member orders each year. NCCA celebrated a milestone of 60 years hosting conferences back in 2013, and ABC-Amega Inc. is looking forward to attending the 67th NCCA annual educational conference in February of 2020. To receive more information about membership or to attend an upcoming meeting at no cost, contact Michael Meyers at: [email protected] or visit the NCCA website.
Check out other credit management articles that we provide below:
- Are Unresolved A/R Disputes taking a toll on your company’s bottom line?
- Basic Outline for Developing a Credit Policy
- Cash Flow and DSO
- Credit and Collection Policy Basics
- Credit Extensions are Loans
- Credit Group Spotlight: GAIN
- D/P, D/A and Their Use in International Sales Transactions
- DuPont Analysis
- Final and Binding Arbitration: A Quicker, Cost-Effective Alternative to a Lawsuit
- Measure and Manage Collection Efficiency Using DSO
- Receivables Based Financing
- The Proforma Invoice and Its Value in Export Sales
- Understanding the Balance Sheet
- Understanding the Cash Flow Statement
- Understanding the Income Statement