If you are detail-oriented and have a thorough knowledge of Federal and State regulations related to accounting and finance, you might be perfect for this position.
This position will work from home temporarily due to COVID-19.
Overseeing ABC-Amega’s accounting efforts and department staff, the full-time Controller will ensure compliance with the financial procedures of the organization and all federal, state, and local regulations.
ABC-Amega’s Controller will:
- Oversee the general accounting function, including cash management, risk management, account reconciliations, accounts payable, accounts receivable, general ledger, cash receipts, payroll taxes, sales & use taxes, and fixed assets
- Perform monthly closing procedures and issue financial reports
- Prepare financial documentation and schedules related to the annual corporate review, 401(k) Plan Audit, and various State Collection Agency audits
- Monitor and report cash balances for all corporate account activity to CEO and EVP/CFO; supervise all disbursements
- Prepare and/or review and approve all general ledger entries
- Compute monthly bonus and sales commission reports
- Manage the completion of all Federal and State reporting requirements including taxes
- Prepare Line of Business income statements and client profitability analyses
- Drive the preparation of the annual corporate budget
- Protect company assets by establishing, monitoring and enforcing sound internal controls
Required Education and Experience
A Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, business, finance, or related field and 10+ years’ experience managing in an accounting or finance function; Certified Public Accountant preferred.
This position manages all employees of the accounting department, is responsible for the performance management of the employees, and is responsible for hiring the employees within the department.
Ideal Candidates will also have:
- Integrity, honesty, and risk management experience
- Excellent financial and time management and organizational skills
- Performance management experience
- Effective communication capabilities in professional writing, presentation, verbal and telephone communication
- Advanced mathematical aptitude and inclination